The judges for this year’s National Burger Awards have been confirmed, with six leading lights in the eating out market ready to taste 16 of Britain’s best burgers.
Celebrity chef and presenter Andy Bates will return to the Awards as head of judges and compere. This year’s final takes place on Wednesday 24 February 2016 at the Islington Metal Works, London.
Joining Bates on the Signature Burger judging panel will be:
- Bob Granleese, food pages editor of Weekend magazine at The Guardian
- Neil Rankin, executive chef at Noble Inns
- Adam Layton, brand boss at Street Feast and London Union
- Alex Towill, co-owner of Hubbox and National Burger Awards 2015 winner
- Oisín Rogers, general manager of The Canonbury
Bates is well known in the industry for his Street Feasts, American Street Feasts and Brazilian Street Feasts programmes on Food Network UK.
“I’m thrilled to be judge and host of the National Burger Awards 2016, especially following the success of last year’s event,” says Bates. “It’s exciting times to be involved with the relaxed dining scene – the continuing growth of small businesses, providing an outlet for passionate, creative chefs, means the standard and quality at the 2016 awards can only get better.”